NEW FREE (*) ONLINE COURSE JUNE/JULY 2021
“ Innovation in Football Development” to maximise participation
The course will be offered in June/July 2021 and if you would like to receive further details when these are available pease register your interest here
We think ' START -UPS' are the key to kick starting and reviving post pandemic participation
Basically therefor the course is designed to help 'START -UPS' innovate in the global grassroots football market provide low cost grassroots football to attract and retain new ( or lapsed ) participants - these could be youngsters, teenagers, young adults, middle aged adults or senior citizens: Female and Male - of all abilities including footballers with disabilities.
The Course will give ' START -UPS ' the opportunity to achieve the following objectives:
- Help to understand how to innovate more effectively in grassroots football development
- Learn how to create new markets in grassroots football development
- Help develop an idea into a Business Plan suitable to be presented to potential backers, line managers, Board Members etc.
- Take advantage of the expertise from those who have launched successful grassroots football programmes
- Validate a Business Idea with the benefit of a second opinion
For Whom ?
The 'START -UP ' could refer to a start up project in an existing club or National Association or refer to a social entrepreneur’s own project
The course is therefore intended for any of these people:
- Grassroots Coach
- Exec Director /Director of Coaching for a Grassroots Football Club/ Youth Soccer Club
- Pro Football Club Community/Development Officer
- Football Development Manager for a National, Sate or Regional Football Association
- Local Government Football Development Manager
- Social Entrepreneur
- Charity Manager
How will the course be delivered ?
- 100% online
- Length - approximately 16 hours
- Case Study method reviewing good practice in maximising participation
- Learners will be required to undertake project work individually and in groups
- Learners will be expected to develop their own INDIVIDUAL COURSE PROJECT - for which feedback will be provided. The modules ( see below ) are designed to help build, amend or verify your Project Business Plan
- The Learner's Project Business Plan is their private work and only see by the Tutor - Robin Russell
- Learners will have access to Course Forums , Case Studies , Video Interviews and an archive of Football Development Content
- All Learners will create and develop an Individual Portfolio of their work which they can download as a PDF on completion of the course
- There will be NO Certificate of Attendance but learners will be provided with feedback on their projects by experts from the Football Development world - from Clubs, Associations and the Private Sector
- Areas of study - all related to grassroots football - with a heavy emphasis on attracting players back to football after the Pandemic and also capturing first time players into football. Thus the focus will be on developing low cost programmes to include the following :
- Early Learning Football Projects
- Teenage Projects
- Adult 5 -a-side and Walking Football
- Free Play, Informal, Recreational Mixed Participation Options
- School Projects
- Holiday Courses
- Engaging Girls and Women
- Developing Coaches to prioritise Retention
- Maximising the use of data
- Health and Fitness connections
- Technological perspectives
- Club Development
- The cost of the course will be £75 ( approximately $99) - A limited Scholarship programme is available for potential candidates from economically challenged areas in the world
- If learners complete the course within 4 weeks they will be provided with a full 100% refund.
- If you would like further details when the course is finalised please complete this form here
Details will be available by the end of JUNE 2021
THE SPECIFIC COURSE CONTENT OF THE 7 MODULES ARE AS OUTLINED BELOW
Content to include :
Tasks for the Leaner - Feedback provided for every task
2.What is Innovation in Football Development and why is it so important ?
3. Why do participants start and stop playing grassroots football ?
4. What are the ‘ Macro’ Trends which influence participation rates?
Select two of the groups below and show how Macro trends have impacted on grassroots football participation
5 The Role of National & Regional Football Associations
In your specific community can you identify two examples of how the National or Regional FA has impacted grassroots football
6.Tools to help you - Find out what’s going on
Who are your potential customers ?
For your chosen Sector in your specific community:
7. What Categories or Sectors are there in Grassroots Football Participation ?
Q1 Do you believe there are any categories missing from the list ? If so please give evidence
Q2 Select 2 Categories in your specific community
For each Category Selected complete these tasks :
2. FOR WHOM ?
Who is the Category King ?
4. HOW ?
5. WHAT ?
8. Your Project
|Select your Project||
Finalise a Business Plan
LMA School of Football Management
We have reduced prices of all the courses as a result Covid 19 Crisis for details please go here
The World’s most popular Online Courses for Soccer Coaches
Since launching the first online course in 2010 over 3,000 coaches throughout the world have enrolled on courses of the LMA School of Football Management including at least one coach from every professional club in England.
Most coaches do these courses just for their own intrinsic professional development but either of the two courses below are recognized by the Football Associations of Holland,Scotland,The Republic of Ireland,Icealnd,England and UEFA as an option to retain FA/UEFA qualifications. The courses are independent and it is not necessary to complete Course 1 before enrolling on Course 2.
The courses available are as follows:
Course 1: ‘Creating a Culture of Excellence’
Focusing on leadership for soccer coaches and including 6 hours of video clips with Sir Alex Ferguson, Arsene Wenger, Fabio Capello, Roy Hodgson, David Moyes and Howard Wilkinson
- Further details and sample video footage
- Comments and Feedback from previously enrolled coaches
The course costs £149
Online Course – Soccer Diet: The Simplest Way to improve your team's performance
Sports Path collaberated with Professor Jay Williams (creator of the Science of Soccer website http://www.scienceofsocceronline.com ) to develop this simple interactive online learning course and ongoing community.
Jay Williams is a Professor of Exercise Science in the Department of Human Nutrition, Foods and Exercise at Virginia Tech, USA and is the author of 'The Science behind Soccer Nutrition.' He also has a long history of working with athletes ranging from kindergarten soccer players to Olympic tracks and field athletes.
The overall purpose of the course and community is to assist coaches to improve the diet of their players with the goal of improving performance on the pitch.
Online Learning Course: Successful Media Interviews
We have combined with Sky Sports Presenter, Alec Wilkinson to develop this online course specifically for coaches to help them with video media interviews.
Alec has considerable experience in providing media training for coaches and performers. Our course has been designed to help develop the knowledge and skills coaches need to provide engaging and memorable interviews which can promote your club/college and themselves. This includes over 10 hours of online learning with the following objectives :
- Know the key aspects of interview technique
- Know how to evaluate an interview
- Identify examples of good practice
- Know how to react in certain specific interview situations through online presentations from Alec Wilkinson.
- Improve your interview skills
- Obtain feedback on your interview skills
As the concluding part of the course you will be asked to provide an interview ( or an arranged video ) for Alec Wilkinson who will then provide personal feedback for you. This is an unique opportunity for coaches to obtain feedback on their interview skills from an experienced professional broadcaster such as Alec Wilkinson
The cost of the course is £149 ( inc Sales Taxes/ VAT )
To enrol please click here. We hope you take this opportunity to learn more about improving your media interview skills
Exciting new online course for people wanting to work in football
Careersinfootball.com has teamed up with Sports Path to create an exciting online course for people wanting to work in football. This course is perfect for people starting out in a career and wanting to get to the top.
The course includes the modules to challenge and develop your career skills, giving you the best chance of achieving your career goals
The course is designed for anyone wanting to develop a career in the football industry - from taking your first steps in football - to pushing towards your long-term goals. The course is specially designed to be personalised to your situation and give you the best chances of success
The course is fully interactive and designed to challenge you to achieve your dream career in football!
About the course
- We have created 6 'virtual characters' in 6 different careers in football (sport science and medicine, coaching, business, development, media and support)
- We ask the course participants to focus upon the career pathway of their choice. To complete the course successfully ( and be awarded the Certificate ) you need to complete the 90 tasks for your chosen career path
- You will complete 90 interactive tasks in the TEN modules shown below
- You are required to use the content provided to help guide the characters to help them achieve their career goals - in doing so helping yourself achieve your own career goal
- You will receive peer review from the tasks from other learners to support your development
- You will obtain online support and feedback from Toby French (Founder of Careersinfootball.com) to your responses to key tasks
- In addition you will receive 'take home messages' from each module to further your understanding of the topics Example Download 7 Finding Jobs in Football
- Upon completion you will receive a 'Football Career Certificate' and something to add to your CV
The Course Modules
The cost of the course is £250 (including all VAT and Sales Taxes)
To purchase click here
An Online Course for Soccer Coaches : ' How to Capture and Organize Content'
22 WEB SKILLS YOU WILL LEARN ON THIS ONLINE COURSE TO SUPPORT YOUR SOCCER COACHING
- How to use SEARCH ENGINES
- How to access foreign websites via Google Translate
- How to start your own YouTube Channel
- How to share videos via YouTube
- How to develop Video Playlists on YouTube
- How to develop an online network of Trusted Colleagues
- How to develop your Online Profile
- How to Collaborate in Online Social Media
- The best ways to use Twitter as a Soccer Coach
- Using Twitter with your players to support your coaching
- The Soccer Coaches Guide to Using LinkedIn
- Why and How to use RSS Tools
- How to set up your Personal Dashboard on your Home Page
- Using Newsletters
- How to use Content Monitoring Tools
- How to use Google Alerts
- How to use Bookmarking & Tagging Tools
- How to use Google Bookmarks
- How to use Scoop. to add notes to video clips
- Why use Session Planners?
- How to decide which Session Planner to choose
- How to develop an Action Plan to Manage Your Personal Knowledge
INTRODUCTION – TRAILER
Delivered on the ' Udemy ' Platform this online course is an example of modern 'micro learning' - ‘learning on demand'
- 13 video lectures explaining how to use commonly available FREE web tools to capture and organize content for soccer coaches.
- The lectures are on average 7 minutes long + Download Check Lists
- You can go in and out of the course as much as you like
- You can view the videos as often as you like
- You can start, stop and rewind sessions as you like
- You can access this course on any computer, mobile device or tablet
- Access to the Course Community Site to pose questions and share experiences with other learners
IN ADDITION YOU WILL ACCESS THESE 7 REPORTS ON THIS COURSE
- The most popular Free Soccer Coaching Websites as recommended by Soccer Coaches
- 20 examples of experienced coaches who blog
- Popular Groups for Soccer Coaches to join on LinkedIn
- Popular Soccer YouTube Channels
- Research which shows who Soccer Coaches follow on Twitter
- Sports Path Commended Soccer Coaching Subscription Websites
- The most popular Session Planners as recommended by Soccer Coaches
Reviews for this course include the following feedback from coaches:
Tony Caig, Assistant Coach and Goalkeeping Coach, Carlisle United FC, Carlisle, UK
‘Very good course and it has really helped me on gathering content that's relevant to my coaching. I've also purchased the book 'Soccer Coaching and the web' by Robin Russell which takes the subject and moves it on even further’
Steve Davis, Technical Director, New York Rush Soccer Club, New York, USA
‘Great Information: Some interesting areas covered that will help any coach who is looking to bring the field and classroom to their players’
Nick D'Amore Director of Coaching & Development - Highlands Soccer Association & Highlands FC, Coach - ACT Academy of Sport, Australia:
‘Overall a course well worth doing and the guides that you have shown will save me hours of time.’
Daniel Harcock, Coach Munich International School, Germany
‘Course was a very god introduction into what is and will continue to become an important part of modern day coaching and teaching! Some useful resources and information for an inexperienced 'online' coach and for those looking for ways to improve their current practice!’
Rocky Castillo, Soccer Coach, New York, USA
‘This course is a great introduction to many resources and tools available on the Internet. I am a beginner in terms of creating content, and all the information available in this course is relevant and easy to understand and follow. Even though the possibilities and the resources are overwhelming, by taking this course I think I am better prepared to move on forward to create content.’
Rory Grand, Soccer Coach, Thailand
‘Good course does what it says, would be helpful for people with limited computer/web skills looking to improve their online presence’
Cost: $19 for further details click here